Funeral Director – Full Time Position
Morleys Funerals in Townsville has a position available for a full time funeral director.
Morleys Funeral Home provides quality funeral care in Townsville, North Queensland. We strive for excellence in the service we provide to give the utmost personal and professional care to assist our client families. We are looking to complement our existing staff.
To be successful in this position, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- A passion for the funeral industry and a desire to assist families
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Be honest, reliable and well presented, with a compassionate nature
- Be at ease working with the deceased and grieving families
- Arranging and conducting funeral ceremonies and cremations
- Experience with IT hardware and software is desirable – including sound desk and live streaming
- Vehicle driving and cleaning, general Funeral Director duties
- General equipment maintenance and cleaning
- Transfer of the deceased and basic mortuary practices (preference given to a person with Mortuary Skills)
- Be physically fit
- Hold a current driver’s licence and police check
Experience in the funeral industry or events planning is desirable, but not essential as training could be provided. The successful applicant will be required to participate in a shared after-hours roster including weekends. Ideally this opportunity would suit an experienced Funeral Director. Application to Morleys Funerals at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 8th April, 2022.